Overview of Child Abuse
This hour long POST certified online training will enhance the knowledge of law enforcement in dealing with child abuse crimes. This course defines the various forms of neglect and abuse, and the role of law enforcement in responding to the crime. In addition, this training describes the laws Tennessee has in place for reporting abuse, and the guidelines and approach Tennessee uses to address child abuse. Register now!
At the conclusion of this 1 hour course, participants will be able to:
- Define child sex abuse and neglect
- Identify child sex abuse laws
- Define CPIT and partners
- Identify when to make a notification
- Define the role of the first responder in child abuse cases
- Identify child sex abuse characteristics
- Determine what questions to ask
- Understand Tennessee's multiple approach system response
Please contact Emily Miller with any questions.