Basic SRO Training - 40 hours
This class is delivered throughout the state annually to address the current needs of SROs. This curriculum is updated each year, and brings in a wide variety of instructors and regional resources to help Tennessee SROs. Watch our website for current SRO training offerings.
Upcoming dates for 2017
Topics Covered: Roles and Responsibilities, Law Related Education, School Climates, Safety Procedures, Emergency Management, Active Shooter Tactics, Emotional Issues, Social Media and Technology, and Building Partnerships.
Those who attend will receive an SRO Certification.
SRO Leadership and Supervision
Dates: January 9 - January 11, 2017
This class is for SROs with supervisory responsibilities.
Creating an effective FTO program
Developing and Conducting effective performance evaluations
Incident Command and Emergency Response
The SRO and School Administrative Relationship
Identifying Leadership Strengths
SRO Updates Class:Utilizing Technology for Emergency Operations Planning for School Resource Officers
Upon completion of the training School Resource Officers will learn the following key components for emergency response planning:
- · Developing a snapshot of the school’s level of safety through a school safety audit checklist,
- · Building a campus crisis team,
- · Incident Command System for school personnel,
- · Drills and exercises for school campuses,
- · Pre-planning staging areas for emergency responders with G.I.S.,
- · Utilizing emergency mass notification systems for emergencies on your campus.
- · Training resources available from Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
Cost: $50.00 POST certified
Call to request a class!
Email Chris Jones at email@example.com with questions!