Basic SRO Training - 40 hours
This class is delivered throughout the state annually to address the current needs of SROs. This curriculum is updated each year, and brings in a wide variety of instructors and regional resources to help Tennessee SROs. Watch our website for current SRO training offerings.
SPRING 2015 dates:
March 16th - 20th, 2015 - Franklin, TN
March 16th - 20th, 2015 - Maryville, TN
Topics Covered: Roles and Responsibilities, Law Related Education, School Climates, Safety Procedures, Emergency Management, Active Shooter Tactics, Emotional Issues, Social Media and Technology, and Building Partnerships.
Those who attend will receive an SRO Certification.
SRO Updates Class:Utilizing Technology for Emergency Operations Planning for School Resource Officers
Upon completion of the training School Resource Officers will learn the following key components for emergency response planning:
- · Developing a snapshot of the school’s level of safety through a school safety audit checklist,
- · Building a campus crisis team,
- · Incident Command System for school personnel,
- · Drills and exercises for school campuses,
- · Pre-planning staging areas for emergency responders with G.I.S.,
- · Utilizing emergency mass notification systems for emergencies on your campus.
- · Training resources available from Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
Dates: December 10th in Crossville, TN
Email Emily Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
Cost: $50. POST Certified. Register here:http://www.solutionpoint.tennessee.edu/TPOnline/TPOnline.dll/Public%20Course%20Classes/COURSENO=COUR2014102010464001520097&ACTION=Apply